Bell Pepper Plants - Knowledgebase Question

Question by AUDANDMICK
I cannot get bell pepper plants to mature and bear. They just sit there and maybe put out one or two pathetic little peppers - or not. I am new to SOCAL from the midwest and have never had this kind of problem before. Everything else seems to grow as expected. Suggestions, please.

Peppers need hot temperatures in order to grow well and your summer temperatures are just a little too mild for great pepper growth. But if you choose short season varieties, I think you'll have more success. Try growing Parks Early Thickset, Lady Bell, Early Cal Wonder 300, Golden Bell, Banana Supreme, Gypsy, Yankee Bell and Northstar peppers. These were developed for cool coastal climates such as yours. Best wishes with your peppers.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"