Vegetable leaves get yellow and stop growth - Knowledgebase Question

conroe, Te
Question by babunicy
Hi,Ihave few veraity of beans they all started for the seed they are all almost a month old and i see all the bottom leaves get yellow and the growth of the plant is almost stoped. i give miracle-gro plant food once in a week and give wanter very day just spry over the plant for very little time. what should i do to save my plants is there any medication can you advaice me what should i do thanks

0

The lower leaves of beans naturally turn yellow and die off. As long as the plants are putting out new growth and flowering, they are fine. Hot weather will stop the beans from growing - they prefer cool temperatures. If they completely stop producing, pull the plants out and then replant in August. You'll be able to harvest beans until the first hard frost.

Just FYI: For the healthiest plants you'll need to change your watering practices. Vegetables need to be soaked deeply rather than given a daily misting. Apply water slowly so it soaks down deep into the soil, below where the root systems are. This will encourage better root grow which will result in sturdier, healthier plants. Try to keep the water off the foliage. If the leaves remain wet for extended periods of time your plants can develop fungal diseases.

Best wishes with your beans.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"