Prickly pear cactus - Knowledgebase Question

El Paso, Te
Question by G_m0
I have a prickly pear cactus growing in a pot, it is hanging from a basket connected to my wrought iron. I tried to move the pot to the ground, but when I did the paddles started going down, almost like it was looking for the ground. Can I plant it on the ground or will it kill it? What does it mean when it goes down, it looked almost depressed, so I moved it back. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

0

The growing conditions must be different between where it originally was and where you put it. When the pads droop it usually means too much water - or too little water so you must have changed the way you water your plant, as well. I'd put it back where it was until it perks up. Then this fall you can plant it in the ground and it will establish its roots over the winter months. Best wishes with your cactus!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"