Yellow squash (5 gal., self-watering container) - Knowledgebase Question

houston, Te
Question by transam77033
Leaves on yellow squash turning brown at the edge, then all over, and die; fruit starting to emerge, but withering. Please help!

Thanks in advance

Sounds like overwatering. I'm sure this sounds odd with a self watering container, but overly wet soils can show up in brown leaf tips and yellowing leaves. Instead of keeping a water reserve in the container, dump out the excess water after you've watered your plant. Start by watering thoroughly and allow the excess to drain. Then, instead of leaving the water in the catch basin, empty it out. Stick your finger into the soil a few days after watering - if it is still moist an inch beneath the soil surface, you won't need to water for a few days; if the soil is dry, it's time to water. I know this sounds self-defeating since you have a self-watering container, but your squash plant just isn't happy in its present situation and watering in this way will help. Good luck with your squash.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"