Treating Web Worm - Knowledgebase Question

highland, Ut
Question by tyracox
I have had a landscaper tell me that I have web worm in my lawn. There is a large pattern of dead grass and, now weeds growing. What would be the best way to deal with this problem and get my green lawn back again?

Sod webworms can be controlled in one of several ways: Apply Spinosad (Conserve?) or Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) (Deliver?). Or, beneficial nematodes are a very effective biological control for use against this pest. For best results, water the lawn a day or two prior to applying the nematodes and water the lawn again, immediately after application. Insecticidal soap can also be used to control heavy infestations. It's a short-lived natural pesticide, and it works by damaging the outer layer of soft-bodied insect pests, causing dehydration and death within hours.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"