phlox and lithodora dying - Knowledgebase Question

Yakima, Wa
Question by melis_369
Followed all the planting instructions and the flowers are withering and the lithodora is drying. Can this be caused by over watering? Should I transplant them into pots to save them? Right now they are in a flower bed.

0

If you recently planted your phlox and lithodora they may just be showing a little transplant stress. As soon as the roots establish themselves the plants should perk up. As long as you water deeply and then allow the top of the soil to dry out before you water again, your plants should be okay. Before watering again, dig down or stick your finger into the soil to check the moisture level. If the soil is still damp you won't need to water for a few days, if it is dry an inch beneath the surface, its' time to water. I think your plants will perk up in a week or two. If not, go ahead and plant them in pots. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"