Rose Leaves Turning Yellow - Knowledgebase Question

Sacramento, Ca
Question by dparker91
I grow roses in containers (24 inch diam., ceramic), and for the past two weeks, all of the leaves have turned bright yellow. Two of the patio tree roses were newly transplanted last spring, and the other two (one carpet rose) were transplanted two years ago. I will check to see if they are waterlogged; however, if they are waterlogged, should I repot them in fresh soil now, or cut back on water?

0

Do your containers have drainage holes in the bottom? If not, take them out of the decorative pots, plant them in nursery pots and then set the nursery pots into the decorative ceramic pots. This will keep the roots high and dry and the potting soil won't become waterlogged. If the ceramic pots do have drainage holes, then you are probably keeping the soil too moist. Water your roses then allow the top inch of the soil to dry out between waterings. Once the soil dries out a bit your plants should recover. Good luck with your roses.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "