Japenese garden in shade /parital sun - Knowledgebase Question

Chicago, Il
Question by christinejim
I have a balcony on the lake and every year I put new flowers in the flower boxes. this year not only do I want to do flowers but in one corner I want to do a Japenese garden with large and small Juniper tree's. I had Fuscia in the boxes last year. Can you recommend an Ivy plant and Juniper trees?

0

Junipers are full sun plants so as long as you can provide 6-8 hours of direct sunshine, junipers will grow nicely. If not, how about something that has a similar look but will tolerate part sun? Compact Mugo Pine will grow in partial sunshine. For full sun, Skyrocket Juniper will be happy on your balcony. Ivy is very adaptable. I like the small leafed ivies such as Helix Arran and Helix Chester. This one has cream-white variegated leaves. Best wishes with your new garden.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"