flowering pear tree - Knowledgebase Question

pleasant hills, Pe
Question by timcrisjosh
i have just planted 2 flowering plant trees(about2 1/2 weeks ago) one of them seems to have taken, the other has a bunch of new growth but now seems to be wilting, i have tried to aerate the soil around the tree and add some coffee grounds to the soil for acid,does this wilting mean the tree definately has'nt taken???should I dig it up and take it back or wait awhile? any other suggestions ??

0

Don't give up on your tree just yet. It's quite common for newly transplanted trees to show some transplant stress for 3-4 weeks after planting. As soon as the roots establish themselves the tree will perk up and you'll see new growth. In the meantime, water your trees deeply once each week to encourage deep root growth. I like to build watering basins beneath my newly planted trees. Excavate a circle around the trunk, extending out about 12". Mound a few inches of soil up to help hold water. Fill the basin, allow to drain, then fill it a second time. Watering in this way will concentrate the moisture directly over the rootmass and allow it to trickle down, wetting the entire root system. Water your trees once each week. Hope your ornamental pear tree perks up soon!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"