Plant purchased without tag - Knowledgebase Question

Cheboygan, Mi
Question by wjmaltby
I picked up a plant called Sea Pink Dusseldorf Pride but it did not have a tag with it and I was wondering what the specifics were on it. Like zone, flowering time, size it will get, sun/shade. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you very much

Your plant is Armeria maritima Dusseldorf Pride, which is also called Pink Thrift or Sea Pink. It is a perennial, prefers growing in full sunshine in average to dry soil, and forms a low tufted mound of grassy green leaves. This selection bears deep pink pompon flowers for many weeks starting in late spring, and usually repeat flowers in the fall. Trim off the spent flowers to encourage repeat blooming. Expect your plant to grow about 6" high and spread out about 12". Enjoy your new plant!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"