2 questions (Fruit Tree and Rhodo)! - Knowledgebase Question

Knoxville, Te
Question by jason73
I feel like I have asked a million questions about these rhodo's. You mentioned

Your peach tree looks perfectly happy and healthy. I counted 3 yellow leaves. They are the largest and the oldest and it's normal and natural for them to turn yellow and drop off. Looks like you're going to get a nice harvest from your peach tree!

The term leggy refers to a plant with bare lower stems and just a topknot of stems and leaves. Your rhodies are not leggy (they have growth all the way down, to almost ground level). Regular pruning will force growth from latent buds on the lower parts of the stems, but if you prune your rhodie too much, you'll lose next year's bloom. After the flowers are spent just snap the entire truss off the plant by grasping the spent flowers with your hand and sharply pulling or pushing to one side. This will remove the truss without harming the small leaf and flower buds just beneath the flowers. Every 3-4 years prune back the branches after the flowers are spent. This will force growth throughout the plant and keep it bushy.

I'm glad you've been sending links to photos. As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words. Actually seeing the plants makes our jobs so much easier! Feel free to drop by anytime for advice. We're happy to help!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"