Indoor/Outdoor? - Knowledgebase Question

Glen Burnie, Ma
Question by mymistye
Are there are some plants that may be considered indoor/outdoor? For instance the Kalanchoe, some one said it could plant outside but I was not sure. So I question you, Is it an inside only plant? And what other plants could be planted outside?

If you do a little research as to the origin of the plant, it will give you an indication of whether it prefers growing indoors or outdoors or both in your growing region. For instance, Kalanchoe is native of Madagascar, which is a much warmer winter climate than yours. So, Kalanchoe will grow nicely outdoors in the summer months but won't be happy planted in the ground and left outdoors during the winter months in your growing region. If you want to grow one, keep it in a pot and take it indoors for the fall and winter months and take it back outdoors during the spring and summer months. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"