Should I cut daisies back? - Knowledgebase Question

Amherst, Ma
Question by Tccoleman
Hello,
I am more of a annual gardener than a perennial gardener. Last year I planted some Shasta or Silver princess daisies. They did not bloom last year as expected. They now have buds. My question: Should I cut them down to the ground after they bloom to make room for my other plants, or will they keep on blooming all summer. I'm not sure what Zone I'm in. I live in Western MA. THANKS!

0

Shasta daisies will bloom all summer, especially if you cut down the flowering stem after the flower is spent. The more you cut, the more flowers it will develop. Shasta daisies grow into rather large green mounds. You can cut yours down to ground level in the late winter/early spring and new stems will appear in late spring. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"