Tree leaf dieing - Knowledgebase Question

Name: William Curtis
Sevierville, Te
Question by curtis_willi
I recently purchased a Japanese Red Maple, it was planted according to directions on tag, however the leavces are turning brown and falling off. Help

Lots of stress is involved when a tree is transplanted and it's not unusual for trees to droop and/or drop some of their leaves during this adjustment period. It may also be that your Japanese maple was getting less sunshine in the nursery than it is getting in its new home. If so, the leaves can burn, turn brown and fall off. As soon as the roots establish themselves and new leaves are produced, those new leaves will be more tolerant of the sun exposure than the old leaves. I know it's hard to watch a tree look distressed, but I really think it will perk up in a few weeks. Just be patient with it.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"