Orchid - Knowledgebase Question

Boca Raton, Fl
Question by marlifin
I got an orchid last year, after the flowers died the stem began to turn white. One day I went to cut it but the whole stem came up. The leaves are beautiful, green and still growing but not stem. Am I ever going to have a stem again?

Everything is fine with your orchid. Some will develop multiple flowers on a single stem. When each flower fades, cut off the flower just below where it is attached to the stem and a new flower will develop lower down on the stem. After the stem has finished flowering it will die and you can cut (or pull) it from the plant. The orchid will rest for a few months and then develop a new flowering stem. Just be patient with yours and eventually it will grow a new stem and produce new flowers. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"