Roses - Knowledgebase Question

North Brunswick, Ne
Question by SCGREA711
How can I get rid of the little green bugs (aphids?) on my roses without harming them and still be able to attract the good bugs (bees/butterflies) to my garden? Same question re:Japenese Beetles

Do you mean getting rid of aphids without harming the aphids or without harming your roses? There's a big difference. If you don't want to kill the aphids, there's really no way to get them off your rose bush. You can try hosing them off with plain water. Or, if you want to kill the aphids but not hurt your rose bush, Insecticidal soap sprays will control the pests. Japanese beetles are a whole different problem. There's no way to invite them to leave on their own but you might be successful in trapping them (beetle traps are available in garden centers). Or you can use a neem oil based insecticide such as Rose Defense. Hope this answers your question!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"