orchid - Knowledgebase Question

Apopka, Fl
Question by ruthzs2
I purchased an orchid from your store. It came in a square glass container with no hole in the bottom for drainage, and the potting medium is moss only. How do I care for this regarding watering?

0

You can simply add water, let it sit for a minute or two and then pour the water out. The moss will absorb enough water to keep the roots hydrated and the glass will keep the moisture from evaporating too quickly. You probably only need to water once every 2-3 weeks but until you know for sure how fast the moisture evaporates you may want to touch the moss with your finger every 7-10 days. As long as it is not crispy dry, it should be holding enough moisture to keep the orchid happy. Best wishes with your new orchid.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"