Tomato diseases and pests. - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Mimi Lilly
Port Saint Lucie, Fl
Question by luxio
Hello! My tomato plants are being attacked by tomat fruitworm, white flyies, and one disease, crack(s). I I'm trying to grow organicly,so maybe there are some old natural ways to kill or repel these insects and this disease? Thank You very much!

0

Tomato fruit worms can be controlled with the botanical Bt (bacillus thuringensis) which is sold as Thuricide or Dipel. It's a bacterium that acts as a stomach poison against caterpillars and is accepted by organic growers so I think you'll be safe in using it. Insecticidal soap sprays can help control whiteflies. It's made from the fatty acids of plants and will take care of soft bodied insects such as aphids and whiteflies. The cracking is actually due to weather and water stress. When the insides of the fruits expand quickly and the skins cannot stretch enough to accommodate the extra fluids, the skin cracks. Try to keep the soil evenly moist and avoid the over-saturated and dry cycle. Best wishes with your tomatoes.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"