New growth turning brown on the edges? - Knowledgebase Question

Treynor, Io
Question by jabberjaws54
I planted rhododendrons along the front of my house about a moth ago. They were growing great untill about a week and a half ago. then they started to turn brown around the edges of the new leaves. i was wondering why they are doing this and how i can fix it because i dont want to replace all of them... thanks megan

0

I guess my question to you is how has the weather been since you planted them? Wind and cold damage is usually the problem when the edges of the leaves turn brown. The only other cause is overfertilization. Excessive salts in the soil can cause leaf tips to turn brown. There's not much you can do about either - the affected leaves will eventually die and fall off. Be careful with your watering (one deep soaking per week) and don't feed your rhodies for at least 30 days. Hope you see some improvement soon.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"