NJ Planting time - Knowledgebase Question

Fairfield, Ne
Question by vette184
Hi, I live in Northern NJ and Im sure you are aware its been pretty warm out lately. Typically, the charts say late May - June is the time to plant. It seems the danger of frost is behind us. Would I be able to plant my vegetables, herbs, and watermelon this weekend, or do I have to wait longer?

0

You can plant outdoors now as long as you keep an eye on the weather. If a late frost is predicted you'll want to cover over your new plants with an insulated frost blanket from the garden center or with an old sheet or blanket. Remove the protective covering in the morning before the sun beats down on the garden. Best wishes with your veggies and melons!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"