Rose bush disease - Knowledgebase Question

Cottonwood, Ar
Question by Lnolder1
My roses have a white film on the leaves. I have sprayed them, but continues to be there. How do I get rid of that?

0

The white film is powdery mildew, a fungal disease. It can happen when your roses are overcrowded or getting too much shade so you'll want to correct those conditions to keep them from contracting the disease again. A neem oil based product such as Rose Defense can help. Neem controls aphids and mites on your roses, and also will control powdery mildew and black spot. Be sure to read and follow the label instructions. There are also other commercial fungicides available. Some choices include Funginex, Daconil, Captan, Bravo. Best wishes with your roses!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"