Foxtails - Knowledgebase Question

Los Angeles, Ca
Question by iblanc
Hi, I am very new to gardening. I love the look of Foxtail (Asparagus Fern). Can it be planted along the foundation? I've only seen them used as accents in the gardens or in the pots. If I plant it along my foundation, mixing with Mock Orange, will they both survive? Are foxtail roots aggressive to damage the foundation? Will those two look good? Thank you!

0

Asparagus fern is often planted at the front of borders so the feathery foliage can hang down over a walkway or lawn. It's a relatively well behaved perennial but you may want to dig and divide the plants every 3-4 years. This way you can watch the root systems to make sure they're not getting out of hand. I've never heard of asparagus fern threatening a concrete foundation but it won't hurt to look every few years. Mock orange is an attractive shrub with dark green leaves. I think the combination of dark green and light green leaves will look nice together. Enjoy your new garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "