Grass Problems - Knowledgebase Question

Union City, Ge
Question by Ltreme
My bermuda grass in the front yard has circular spots where the grass has stopped growing in those areas. What should I do?

0

Sounds like it could be a fungal disease called Spring Dead Spot. The symptoms of Spring Dead Spot are circular dead areas of bermuda-grass 6 inches to several feet in diameter in the spring as bermuda-grass resumes growth from winter dormancy. The bermudagrass roots and stolons in the affected spots appear dark and rotted. The grass recovers very slowly during the summer months from stolons creeping in from the border of affected areas. Bermudagrass stolons that grow into the affected areas usually produce short, stubby roots. Feeding with a nitrogen fertilizer usually helps the turf grow and green up nicely. If that doesn't help, a fungicide such as Banner should reduce the fungus and help your turf green up.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"