Brown and Black patches in my new fescue lawn? - Knowledgebase Question

Marietta, Ge
Question by jmvalentin05
About 6 ago I planted a new lawn using a mixture of fescue. I was planning to let it grow much longer but went ahead and cut it a couple of days ago. I did not cut it very low, however I have noticed a few brown/black patches grass seems to be dying. I had the same problem last year after planting grass seeds. Any help please. I desperately want a beautiful green lawn!

If you don't think you scalped the grass when you mowed it, the turf may have developed a fungal disease. The only way to know for sure is to take a sample of the dead areas to your local cooperative extension office (University of Georgia Extension Office, 678 South Cobb Drive, Suite 200, Marietta, GA 30060-3105) for positive diagnosis. If it is a fungal disease you can spray a fungicide on your lawn. Good luck with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"