Maple tree - Knowledgebase Question

Harrisburg, No
Question by Sharwood56
I would like to have a Japanese Maple but are there any that can take the hot sun? and do they come in a dwaft size? I only see ones that say part shade and my yard is full of sun.

thank you

I know of three Japanese maples that tolerate full sunshine and are small in stature: Fireglow - New leaves on this cultivar resemble a small ?Bloodgood? leaf; yet they maintain a more intense red as summer progresses. Fireglow matures into a sun tolerant maple around 9 to 12 ft. tall.

Pixie - Small red leaves and profuse side branching in a great small shrub-like maple. The bright red tones persist virtually all summer in full sun.

Sekka yatsubusa - The name translates ?dwarf that turns red.? Leaves grow along slender stalks in tight groupings. Spring foliage is first red and then is edged with red. Sekka yatusubusa will grow to about 8 feet and will take lots of sun.

Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"