TOMATOES - Knowledgebase Question

Logan, Ut
Question by tracytijuana
HI, I HAVE TOMATOES IN POTS, I WATER THEM, THEY ARE WHERE THEY GET AIR AND SUN,, BUT ONE OF THEIR LEAVES ARE TURNING YELLOW... WHAT SHOULD I DO? THANKS FOR LOOKING AT MY QUESTION..
LAURA

0

Tomato plants naturally lose their oldest (lowest) leaves as they become unproductive. As long as the rest of the plant looks healthy and is putting out new growth, it's nothing to be concerned about. Just trim off the yellowing leaves. However, tomatoes are subject to a number of diseases, including late blight. This will cause small, dark, "watersoaked" patches on the leaves and the tomatoes will have greenish grayish spots on them which then turn brown and hard. If there are no watersoaked spots on the leaves, the yellowing leaves are probably nothing to worry about.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"