Wild strawberries? - Knowledgebase Question

Delafield, Wi
Question by Clubhorsey
I live in WI and i was out on a walk when i spotted these pretty white flowers i showed my friend and she said they were strawberries.i was wondering if they really were wild strwberries.the only problem is that is usual strawberries have serraited leaves these have round almost large clovershape leaves and some of the flowers turned bluish.im asking because if they are i want to eat them!thanks!

0

I can't tell what they are without seeing the plant but I found a database that you might find helpful: http://plants.usda.gov/java/pr...
If you scroll down the page a little you'll see the heading "Images". Click on the link "see all the Fragaria thumbnails at the PLANTS Gallery " and you'll be transported to a page with dozens of images. Click on each one to enlarge it. You might be able to match a photo with the plant you've seen. If so, you can safely consume the wild strawberries. If not, I wouldn't eat the berries until you have a postive identification. Good luck with your search.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "