When to transplant my starter veggies - Knowledgebase Question

North Attleboro, Ma
Question by mmesmer68
We have been having some cold weather here in the NE today it 47 out. I started my veggies about 8 weeks ago and they are desperate to get out in a larger area. With the weather in mind, when would be a good idea for me to transplant?

0

I think you can safely put your transplants outdoors. Start by acclimating them to outdoors by setting them out in a shady spot during the day and taking them back indoors at night. Each day leave them out for longer and longer periods of time until they are out 24 hours a day. Then begin exposing them to more and more sunshine. A few hours of morning sun for a few days, gradually increasing the amount of sun until they are in full sunshine all day long. You can then plant them into the garden. If frost threatens you'll need to cover over them to protect them from the cold. Use floating row covers or even old sheets to keep the frost off the leaves. Best wishes with your transplants!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "