building raised veggi garden - Knowledgebase Question

Lake Village, In
Question by zukowski
I want to make a 2 feet wide by 8 feet long raised bed to make it easer to take care of it.
the problem I have is that we have lots of goffers and moles in the yard,can I make a box frame and maybe attach something to the bottom of it like a wire mesh so the goffers dont attack my garden?thank you.

You can line the bottom of the bed with hardware cloth. It's made of metal with quarter-inch grids and comes in a roll. Simply lay it on the bottom of the bed and attach it with staples to the lumber of your raised bed (or lay it under the concrete blocks or bricks if that's material you're using for your raised bed). Then fill the bed with garden soil or top soil and the moles and gophers won't be able to bother the roots of your vegetable plants.

Hope you have a great garden!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"