Can it be done? - Knowledgebase Question

Glen Burnie, Ma
Question by mymistye
I have two pieces of a honeysucklebranch..question is can I get one to grow enough so I can plant it and make grow into a vine all on its own.What do I need to do tomake it grow besides put the ends in water?
Thanks in advance:)

Sometimes you can propagate a honeysuckle by simply setting the branch in water and other times it needs to be dipped in rooting hormone and planted in moistened potting soil. The best cuttings are those that are about 6" long and are from the tips of the branches. Strip off the lower leaves, dip the cut end in rooting hormone and set it in moistened potting soil. It should develop roots along the buried part of the stem. When you see new leaves developing, you'll know the plant has rooted and you can plant it in your garden. Best wishes with your project!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"