I have an idea,but... - Knowledgebase Question

Glen Burnie, Ma
Question by mymistye
I want to create a simple garden bed and I think I found something that will help me at Walmart.Before I lay this bed out,I want to know how can I keep the grass/weeds from growing from the bottom
up? Most pictures I see show how easy it is to lay out the garden bed without making any preps to the grassy patch to which they are going to plant over.I want to do it right the first time.Advice :]

Start by killing off the existing weeds with Round Up or a similar product, or by digging and removing the weeds and their roots. Then lay a weed barrier landscape fabric over the ground. This will keep the bed weed free for years and years. After installing the weed barrier, cut holes in it to plant your plants. Then mulch over the weed barrier with shredded bark, bark nuggets or decorative stone. The bed will be beautiful for many years to come. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"