lilly/day lilly? - Knowledgebase Question

CHANDLER, Ar
Question by WJBOLSER
recieved a day lilly (I think) what can I do to keep it, plant outside? or in an pot? location east valley arizona

0

Daylilies will grow outdoors in the east valley but they will need afternoon shade. You can plant it in the ground where it will receive morning sun but shade from the hot afternoon sunshine, or you can plant it in a container and move it around as the seasons change and the sun patterns move. I keep mine in containers so I can move them around. They get full sunshine from October through March and then morning sun from April through September. Four hours of morning sunshine will keep it blooming until the weather gets really hot. It will stop growing and die down when temperatures soar but will send up new foliage and flowers when things cool down. Enjoy your daylily.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"