Rosed Garden - Knowledgebase Question

el sobrante, Ca
Question by tran_do
Right now I have a 5 feet by 20 feet front lawn with green grass and alot of brown spots. I planning to get rid of the grass and replacing with Roses and perenials. should I use weed/grass killer to eliminate the grass or remove the grass and buy Garden manure enriches? Thanks

Yes to both your questions. You can kill the existing turf with a vegetation killer such as Round Up or Weed B Gon. Both will kill the tops and the roots when applied according to label directions. Once the grass is dead you can rototill or dig up the area, rake out the dead grass, then incorporate some compost or garden manure to help loosen the soil and enrich it. Then level the area and plant your rose garden. Best wishes with your project!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"