laying sod grubs in dirt - Knowledgebase Question

Milan, Mi
Question by cherylmoore2
Hello
I am wondering do you treat your dirt for grubs and then lay the sod. If so how long after treatment can you lay the sod? Do you keep treating the new sod for grubs once it has been layed? The area I am laying this at is not a large area not sure if that matters.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0

I'd be inclined to use carbaryl (Sevin) prior to sodding the lawn. It will kill the adult grubs and won't harm the sod that you install over the top. Grubs feed on the roots of the lawn and they typically are deep within the soil, rising to the top when the soil warms in the late summer. You can test for grubs by digging a square of turf in late summer. Grubs will be found clinging to the roots of the turf. If you find a large quantity of grubs, treat your lawn with a grub control product such as Grubex or Bayer Advanced Grub control. Best wishes with your sod.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"