Blue spruce evergreen bushes - Knowledgebase Question

Park Ridge, Il
Question by cindyriegler
Hi, I purchased and planted two blue spruce evergreen bushes last July. I now want to move them over about a foot each. Will it work to try to replant them and do I need to know anything as to how to do it? I want to add some lighter colored bushes, I saw some lime green ones. Do you know what a good smaller lime green or yellowish bush would be called? Do thy stay lime green all yr? THanks!

Golden Yew - Taxus baccata 'David' (sometimes listed as T. baccata aurea 'David' or 'Davie') has yellowish foliage which matures to a lime green color; Dwarf Hinoke cypress 'Nana Gracilis' is a small evergreen shrub with lime green foliage. You should be able to move your spruces without too much difficulty since they've only been in the ground a few months. I suspect you'll find the root systems pretty much the same size as when you first planted them. Just be sure to plant them at the same soil depth as they are growing now and don't forget to water them well after the move to help the roots settle in. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"