Peace Lily plant - Knowledgebase Question

Katy, Te
Question by lipika_patel
I just bought peace lily plant about month back. It is potted in about 8 inch pot. Now the leaves started to drooping . It is just near the window . I been putting water in it once a week. The soil in the pot feels very hard. What can I do in order for the plant not to die.

I'd start by immersing the pot in a larger container of water and letting it sit until no more air bubbles rise to the surface. Sometimes the soil can develop air pockets near the roots and even though you water your plant, it water might just rush right through without completely wetting the soil. Once you've moistened the soil adequately, water as frequently as necessary to keep the soil moist but not soggy wet. You should see a big improvement in the plants' health. Best wishes with your Peace Lily!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"