when to start? - Knowledgebase Question

Lake Jackson, Te
Question by fairlady25
i'm new to the area and also new to gardening...i would love to try to get started soon...can you direct me as to what can be planted (in the area of fruits, veggies, and maybe some herbs) or if it's too late to start? maybe there is something i can do to get the ground ready for the fall?? thanks so much!

Since you're new to the area, I think the Vegetable Gardening publication from Texas A & M will be very helpful. You can download a copy from the following website: http://aggie-horticulture.tamu...

It recommends varieties, gives planting dates, discusses soil preparation and is an all around good resource. I think it will provide the guidance you need to get your first garden going. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"