Confederate Jasmine - Knowledgebase Question

Kennesaw, Ge
Question by greenekj
I,unfortunately,did not place a trellis for the jasmine to grow up and now it is just a mound in my garden. Can I cut this back this time of year and try to train it or should I try to train it as it is? The stems are very healthy.

0

There's nothing wrong with allowing your jasmine to sprawl on the ground - a trellis is not an absolute must. In fact, the plant makes a great ground cover if you have the room. But if you do allow it to grow as is, you will want to prune it back after it has finished blooming so it doesn't get out of hand. If you decide to install a trellis you can simply leave the mound alone and begin training the longest vines up the trellis as they develop on the plant. You'll always have a mound at the base of the trellis but the vines will eventually scramble up the trellis. Either way, enjoy your jasmine.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"