Red Delicious Bugg - Knowledgebase Question

Union City, Ge
Question by alikimbo2
Hi, I purchased a Red Delicious Apple tree March 10, 2010. Soon after the bugs (small black underleaf loafers) came. I tried sprays and root pesticides but they failed Several braches died. I transplanted it in a sunnier location. This seemed to help but still have a few bugs. What can I do?

0

I'm stumped! Do the bugs move? If not, they may be aphid eggs. You might want to take a few of the leaves and/or bugs to your local extension office or well staffed nursery for help with identification. Systemic insecticides will kill insects that feed on the leaves, but won't necessarily harm insect eggs. Contact Fulton County Cooperative Extension, 141 Pryor Street Southwest, Atlanta - (404) 612-7000. Helpful folks there can examine the leaves and the bugs under a microscope, identify the problem and suggest control measures. Best wishes with your apple tree.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "