Stink Bugs - Knowledgebase Question

Frederick, Ma
Question by sastrya
I am looking for a solution for stink bugs inside my house. Any suggestions? I am just sick and tired of them and they are disgusting.

Common recommendations include vacuuming them up and immediately disposing of the vacuum bag. There are insecticides you can use indoors but because stink bugs have such hard outer shells, you almost have to spray them directly in order for the insecticide to work. Other suggestions include sealing cracks around windows, doors, siding, utility pipes, behind chimneys and other openings to the outside with silicone or silicone-latex caulk. Repair damaged screens on doors and windows. Use caulk around cracks near baseboards, around window and door trim, and around exhaust fans or lights fixtures mounted in ceilings, and use an outdoor pest control product in the fall all around the foundation of your house to keep them from coming in. Wish there were other solutions.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"