garden - Knowledgebase Question

Boca Raton, Fl
Question by banickk
I have a garden with many plants/trees in ceramic pots.first question, what soil is best for ceramic pots for:hibiscus, bouganveila, magnolia tree, clerodendrum, night blooming jasmine? whether in pots or in ground, should I put top soil on top or garden soil with food? which is best?

As long as your containers have adequate drainage holes the plants should be happy in them. Choose a good quality potting soil to fill your pots, then plant your plants. I would avoid the use of topsoil or garden soil in containers. It dries out and is sometimes hard to re-wet, and it is heavy. Instead, use potting soil and yoru plants will be happy. You can choose regular potting soil and then feed your plants regularly with liquid fertilizer or you can purchase Miracle Gro potting soil with fertilizer already in it. Enjoy your new plants!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"