creepin charlie - Knowledgebase Question

carmel, Ne
Question by tavolo5556
i have used ortho weed begone and ortho chickweed killer on my lawn correctly and it does not kill creepig charlie can you help me

0

You have a couple of options. Many gardeners have had good luck eradicating the plant by mixing 10 ounces 20-Mule Team Borax in 2-1/2 gallons of water and applying the mixture to the weeds. The boron doesn't affect turfgrass, but overwhelms the roots of creeping Charlie. Cool weather reduces its effectiveness so apply when the weather is warm. The University of Minnesota and Iowa State University have tested this recipe and report good results.

Another control method for creeping Charlie in your lawn is a postemergence broadleaf weed killer containing dicamba often found mixed with other weed killers, 2,4-D and mecoprop or MCPP in combination products (Trimec, Three Way Lawn Weed Killer, etc.) Products containing triclopyr or 2,4-DP may also provide decent control. A second application later in the season according to label direction can provide additional control.

Good luck with your project.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"