pests - Knowledgebase Question

bayville, Ne
Question by jcipolletti
Good Day experts. I have a good size garden with wire fencing around the ground level but am still getting pests inside digging around in my garden. how can i put an end to this problem id hate to put fence/netting up as walls and up top. I also have a plastic owl decoy which they are used too. the pests i have are birds squirrels and chipmunks which are my biggest threat as they are so small.

Squirrels and chipmonks can climb fences or dig under them so unless the garden is completely enclosed, you're likely to continue to have problems with these critters. Sometimes laying crumpled chicken wire on the ground in front of the wire fence can keep the pesky critters from climbing the fence. They are afraid they'll get their legs caught in crumpled chicken wire so it acts as a good deterrent. Make the barrier 12" wide and the length of your garden on all sides. This strategy works for me - hope it works as well for you.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"