woodpecker - Knowledgebase Question

stewartsville, Ne
Question by mamaz2349
a woodpecker pecks at my house, how can I stop it? I know this is not a garden ? But would be helpful if you can give some advise. Thank You

0

I've had a similar problem so I know how exasperating the noise of the pecking can be! Woodpeckers are sometimes looking for insects and sometimes, especially in spring, they peck on a tree to make a noise so they can attract a mate. The bigger the tree, the louder the noise..... Your house is the biggest tree on the block! You may have to place a barrier where the woodpecker is making holes so he'll stop. I've used hardware cloth, kept about 2 inches from the house with wooden spacers and then just used tie wraps to hold it in place. When the woodpecker finally stops visiting you can remove the barrier. Or, you can direct a spray of water on him everytime he starts pecking. This might mean having to run out at night to train a hose on him, but eventually he'll get the message. Best wishes with your project!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"