Help!!! 911 My Mini rose needs help.. - Knowledgebase Question

Baltimore, Ma
Question by LawWilliams
I brought a mini rose called an Kordana rose. It seems to be yellowing at the bottom of its leaves and the buds are drying up... I keep them in full sun and water it every other day... I just repotted it.. but it still needs so help..

Ms Williams from Maryland

Kordana roses were bred for the florist's trade and are often treated with a growth retardant to keep them small. Once you place them outdoors, they will go through an adjustment period and you're likely to see wilting foliage and dried out flower buds. This is just a temporary condition. As soon as the plant adjust to direct sunshine, it should thrive. In the meantime, cut or pull off the affected leaves and flower buds. Your rose will appreciate moist soil but won't tolerate soggy wet soils. Water as usual and then stick your finger down into the potting soil before you water again. It should be moist one half inch below the soil surface. If it's still moist you won't need to water; if it feels dry, it's time to water. When you water, be sure to apply enough that it freely drains out of the bottom of the pot. Best wishes with your rose!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"