Growing lettuce for the first time - Knowledgebase Question

Greensboro, No
Question by Itzyespin
Hi,I've been borrowing outer leafs of my green leaf,boston and romaine and they just keep growing back also the baby lettuce mix I trim them and they just keep going so I was wondering how long can I keep doing this without compromising the taste of them.Thanks.

0

You're doing exactly what you need to do to keep your lettuces growing strong. The more you harvest, the more leaves your plants will produce. However, they will bolt when the weather gets hot so you'll want to harvest the entire plants before that happens. It's difficult to say just when that might be, though. The leaves will begin to take on a bitter taste once a flower stem emerges from the center of the plant. Watch the center carefully and if you see something growing that is not a nice, tender leaf, it's time to pull the entire plant. Enjoy your lettuces!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "