tomato plants - Knowledgebase Question

Marshall, Wi
Question by candys_d1980
I have tomato plants waiting to be planted and the leaves are turning light green w/brown spots, possible disease? water is okay. Should I toss them and start over?

0

Sounds like your new plants are anxious to be planted out in the garden so they can bask in the sunshine. Pale leaves indicate either overwatering or a need for fertilizer. Brown spots can be the result of insect feeding or the beginnings of a fungal disease. Lack of sufficient sunlight, overly wet conditions or even cool weather can invite fungal diseases. Try setting your plants where they will get lots of sunshine and adequate air circulation. Feed them with a water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Gro. Hope they recover soon. If they continue to look puny you might want to toss and replace them with healthy new plants. Good luck with your tomatoes!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"