Soil - Knowledgebase Question

Chesterfield, Vi
Question by anike_mckoy
I was turning over the soil in my flower bed this weekend and noticed that there were a ton of rocks and even some brick fragments not far beneath the surface. Should I get rid of all of that before I put down top soil and plant? Will leaving some in there have a big impact on how well my plants do? It's a lot to get rid of.

0

I don't think you need to remove every single rock or brick part. Doing so might mean screening your soil! I'd just work with it - spread 2-3 inches of compost or other organic matter over the top and then some pre packaged topsoil and mix everything into the bed to a depth of 8-10 inches. Then level the soil and plant your plants. Enjoy your new garden!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"