Vegetables/Fruit Leaf Eaters and Aphids - Knowledgebase Question

chula vista, Ca
Question by judithmende
I can not find a solution for what ever is eating my fruit and vegetables& a tomato in a topesy turvey. I have cut back on water and make sure the soil is dried before watering again.I have everything in containers with gravel at the bottom of the containers (that was washed prior to planting)I have not been able to stop the pests. Please help with organic solutions & chemical treatment. Thank

0

There's a whole arsenal of organic insecticides but many of them are insect specific so unless you know what is doing the damage, you may be applying the wrong product. For instance, insecticidal soap will control soft bodied insects such as aphids but won't stop slugs and snails. Sluggo, an iron based snail and slug control product will take can of them, but not other insects. About the only product that's safe on vegetables and is more broad-spectrum than most of the other products is Bonide's Total Pest Control or Bioneem , a neem oil based pesticide. Give one of these products a try and see if that doesn't work for you. Hope it does!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"