how to get my lawn back. - Knowledgebase Question

sartell, Mi
Question by mrsleahpayne
We are first time home buyers. Moved into our home April 1st. Its almost the end of May and our front lawn is being taken over by tulips and dayliles. My question is how do we get rid of most of them so we can have a simple lawn that us newbies can handle? How do we get grass back place once we are able to get rid of most of them? Thank you for the help!!!

0

You'll need to dig the bulbs out of the ground to stop the growth. Don't rototil them in - they may sprout again! I know it will be laborious but now that they still have green tops, dig down and remove all the bulbs. Once you've done that you can mix some compost or other organic matter into the soil, level the soil and overseed the areas. New grass will sprout in 7-10 days. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"